Etching Chemistry using acrylic mediums.
I prepared a copper plate, degreasing it with a salt and vinegar solution mixed with white chalk.
I rolled an acrylic ground that I then baked (to make it a hard ground). I drew on the plate using a metal point and then immersed the plate in a solution of Ferric Chloride 1: 2 with water.
I bit the metal for ½ hour and 1 hour – the results were good.
I did some experimenting with the compressor – which is used to make an acrylic aquatint.
There are some problems with the compressor unit – which will be resolved in time for the teaching modules in January PHEW!
The cupboard room next to the darkroom – I have finally cleared out and painted it.
I have put a desk and a chair in this room – which has electrical sockets. This is a small room (all the spaces are small) but it works. It is now a prep room which will have a computer and a small printer in it.
This room is also to double up as the aquatint booth.
I am pleased to have this time to check that everything is working and safe for everyone to use.
Image copyright: Nicola Neate, 2022.