GALLERY ASSISTANT WANTED
Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum and Arts Centre and the Uist Arts Association seek a friendly, enthusiastic and self-motivated person to support the preparation and running of the Uist Arts Association’s Summer Exhibition (Saturday 3 July – Saturday 14th August).
The position involves:
– Work with Uist Arts Association members to hang the exhibition
– Before the start of the exhibition, upload artists’ work and details to the Taigh Chearsabhagh website / online shop
– Engage with visitors to the exhibition with enthusiasm and knowledge about the work on display, as well as Uist Arts Association
– Sell artists’ work, including postcards and prints, directly to visitors in the gallery
– With support from Taigh Chearsabhagh and the Uist Arts Association, some marketing support tasks (online and social media posting etc)
– Encourage exhibition visitors to visit open artists’ studios and other arts outlets on North Uist, providing directions and other relevant information
– Throughout the exhibition, liaise with artists’ when their work has been sold and manage and update the exhibition catalogue and price lists accordingly.Taigh Chearsabhagh and the Uist Arts Association will provide training and line management throughout this fixed-term contract.
Hours: Four hours per day, Monday – Friday; six hours per Saturday (daily start and finish times will be agreed on a weekly basis).
Pay: £9.00 per hour.
Applications deadline: Monday 24th May, 12.00pm. Short-listed applicants will be informed by 5.00pm on Wednesday 26th May.
Position interviews: Friday 28th May, afternoon.
Job starts: Monday 21st June
Job ends: Saturday 14th August
To apply: Please send a covering letter (one – two sides A4 maximum) telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the position – along with your CV – to Simon Hart, Director of Business & Development: [email protected] Receipt of applications will be acknowledged.
NEW TRUSTEES We would like to recruit a couple of new trustees to join our Board, to support the further development of Taigh Chearsabhagh’s current and future strategic aims.