Taigh Chearsabhagh Café
We are looking for a motivated person to join the TC team. Someone who will see this post as a development opportunity; someone who is customer focussed, hard-working, motivated and with a love for baking, good local food and excellent presentation.
Closing date; 30th March 2018
Please include the following in your application;
- A covering letter or email telling us why you wish to be considered for this position.
- An interesting recipe you would want the Café to offer;
- The completed application form:
This will be 35 hours per week to include 1-2 Saturdays per month, with 2 days off per week.
This will be a salaried role, £16-£19k dependent on experience.
Good baking skills essential, Gaelic would be an advantage.
Part-time Baker/Kitchen Assistant wanted to join the TC café team
This will initially be for 3 days per week (to include a Saturday) over Easter but hours increasing as the season progresses and some flexibility in working hours is possible.
Baking skills essential, Gaelic language skills would be lovely. £8.75 per hour.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Jane Morrison-Ross at [email protected], by post at Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum & Arts Centre, Lochmaddy, HS6 5AA or call us on 01870 603 970.
Gaelic Film & Visual Arts Trainee
Taigh Chearsabhagh Trust
Deadline: 31 March 2018 at 12:00
This role will involve working with our Arts Manager, in his role as creative director of UistFilm to take forward a number of key film projects for 2018.
Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum & Arts centre is looking to recruit a Gaelic Film & Visual Arts Trainee. This will be based at our Arts & Heritage Centre in Lochmaddy, North Uist.
We are looking for someone with:
- Gaelic language skills
- An interest in film/television
- An interest in Gaelic language and culture
- A willingness to learn
Key skills are:
- Gaelic speaker with written Gaelic skills
- Digital native – good computer skills
- Interest in film would be good
- Any experience of camera or sound skills would be an advantage (nice to have)
- Interest in the arts
- Interest in the culture and heritage of the islands
- Good communication skills
We can provide opportunities to learn:
- camera operation
- audio recording
- digital workflow, data management Digital archiving
- Writing proposals and commissions
- Curatorial skills and involvement in exhibitions
We will provide mentoring and training as needed, with particular emphasis on:
- Confidence building
- Communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Planning skills
This will be a salaried role at 35 hours per week and £15,500 per year. This will initially be a 1 year contract with potential to extend. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Lot’s of opportunities to meet and work with artists, musicians, film makers and heritage experts.
Location: Na h-Eileanan Siar
For further information, please contact [email protected] chearsabhagh.org