Taigh Chearsabhagh Winter Programme, Events Manager Role
This is a one-year contract, with potential to develop into a permanent role subject to funding. This is a part-time role at 3 days per week.
What we need;
- Able to identify and complete funding applications
- Ability to forge new event partnerships and supplier relations
- Knowledge of Gaelic a bonus and a love of Gaelic culture a must
- Driving licence
- Ability to run events successfully
- Proven track record
- A good knowledge of the currents Gaelic and Scottish arts & events scene
- Project management skills
What you’ll work on;
- This is a new role and part of our plan to develop a winter programme of events. These will be targeted at local communities and visitors.
- These will have Gaelic culture and language influences and themes
- These will include new events
As our event manager, you’ll need to:
- produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
- manage and coordinate suppliers and event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel);
- work with other Taigh Chearsabhagh resources and partners to publicise and promote the events;
- coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- This is a part time post, three days per week at £14k (FTE £23,333)
- We can support some flexible working
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected] or drop us an email for further information.
Closing date 13th August.
This post is funded by LEADER and HIE’s Innovation in Language award.