Aonachd | Sameness | Disturbance | Troimh a Chéile presents the work of three artists whose practices have an existing relationship to Identity and Place: Ingrid Bell, Clee Claire Lee, and Gina MacDonald.
Please join us for an opening preview at 7 pm on the 1st of September here at Taigh Chearsabhagh. The exhibition is free and open to all, 10 am till 4 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Taigh Chearsabhagh is pleased to host Aonachd | Sameness | Disturbance | Troimh a Chéile in conjunction with the first Arts Therapies conference to be held in the Outer Hebrides, hosted in partnership with the University of the Highlands and Islands. For more information about the conference, please visit the event page, here.
Identity – 4/10 definitions
- The state or fact of remaining the same one or ones, as under varying aspects or conditions.
- Condition or character as to who a person or what a thing is; the qualities, beliefs, etc, that distinguish or identify a person or thing.
- The state or fact of being the same one as described.
- The sense of self, providing sameness and continuity in personality over time and is sometimes disturbed in mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia.
Place – 6/29 definitions
- A particular portion of space, whether of definite or indefinite extent.
- Space in general: time and place
- Any part or spot in a body or surface
- Position, situation, or circumstances:
- A region or area
- A mental or emotional state: I’m not in a good place right now.