Gaelic Film & Visual Arts Trainee
Taigh Chearsabhagh Trust
Deadline: 10th May 2018 at 12:00
This role will involve working with our Arts Manager, in his role as creative director of UistFilm to take forward a number of key film projects for 2018.
This is an opportunity funded by Creative Scotland and Bord Na Gaidhlig through the Year of Young People and is targeted at 17-24 year old applicants.
Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum & Arts centre is looking to recruit a Gaelic Film & Visual Arts Trainee. This will be based at our Arts & Heritage Centre in Lochmaddy, North Uist.
We are looking for someone with–
• Gaelic language skills
• An interest in film/television/
• An interest in Gaelic language and culture
• A willingness to learn
Key skills are;
• Gaelic speaker with written Gaelic skills
• Digital native – good computer skills
• Interest in film would be good
• Any experience of camera or sound skills would be an advantage
- Interest in the arts
• Interest in the culture and heritage of the islands
• Good communication skills
We can provide opportunities to learn;
• camera operation
• audio recording
• digital workflow, data management, digital archiving
• Writing proposals and commissions
• Curatorial skills and involvement in exhibitions
We will provide mentoring and training as needed, with particular emphasis on –
• Confidence building
• Communication skills
• Presentation Skills
• Planning skills
This is an opportunity funded by Creative Scotland and Bord Na Gaidhlig through the Year of Young People and is targeted at 17-24 year old applicants. This will be a salaried role at 35 hours per week and £15,500 per year. This will initially be a 1-year contract with potential to extend. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Lot’s of opportunities to meet and work with artists, musicians, filmmakers and heritage experts.
Location: Na h-Eileanan Siar
Please apply emailing CV and covering letter outlining your enthusiasm and suitability for this post to email@example.com.