Deadline: 31 March 2018 at 12:00
Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum & Arts centre is looking to recruit a Gaelic Film & Visual Arts Trainee. This will be based at our Arts & Heritage Centre in Lochmaddy, North Uist.
This role will involve working with our Arts Manager, in his role as creative director of UistFilm to take forward a number of key film projects for 2018.
We are looking for someone with–
• Gaelic language skills
• An interest in film/television
• An interest in Gaelic language and culture
• A willingness to learn
Key skills are;
• Gaelic speaker with written Gaelic skills
• Digital native – good computer skills
• Interest in film would be good
• Any experience of camera or sound skills would be an advantage
• Interest in the arts, culture and heritage of the islands
• Good communication skills
We can provide opportunities to learn;
• camera operation
• audio recording
• digital workflow, data management, digital archiving
• Writing proposals and commissions
• Curatorial skills and involvement in exhibitions
We will provide mentoring and training as needed, with particular emphasis on –
• Confidence building
• Communication skills
• Presentation Skills
• Planning skills
This will be a salaried role at 35 hours per week and £15,500 per year. This will initially be a 1-year contract with potential to extend. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Lot’s of opportunities to meet and work with artists, musicians, filmmakers and heritage experts.
Please apply emailing CV and covering letter outlining your enthusiasm and suitability for this post to [email protected].